Make A New Year’s Resolution to Give Back with Caring for Friends
Volunteer on-site or off, making food, caring cards, snack bags, or delivering food
January 5, 2023 (Philadelphia, PA) – This New Year, give back with Caring for Friends, which relies on the generous time of volunteers to help feed and provide friendship to neighbors in need. There are in-person shifts available cooking in the commercial kitchen in Northeast Philadelphia, and also ways to help seniors, veterans, and those with disabilities from the comfort of home, school, or the office.
• Book a group shift cooking, packing, or sorting in the Northeast on Monday, January 16
• Make meals. CFF provides home-cooked meals to homebound clients thanks to volunteers. Those who want to contribute can pick up meal trays and drop off cooked meals at one of the warehouses. Find a location .
• Make ‘caring notes’.– handwritten, personal notes that accompany snack bags of nutritious non-perishable items, for homebound, homeless, and hungry neighbors, as well as schools.
• Make a commitment to help year-round by becoming a volunteer visitor dropping off meals.
• Spread the word on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
Due to inflation and supply chain issues, Caring for Friends is in need of food for its snack bag program, as well as groups to make snack bags; if your office, community group, or school would like to sponsor and take part in a snack bag shift, please contact Renee@caringforfriends.org for more information.
For media seeking photo ops, there are myriad offsite volunteer activities already planned, including a volunteer shift at Welsh Valley Middle School in Penn Valley on Friday, January 13, a snack bag shift at Haverford College and packing and card-making workshops for elementary schoolers at SCH Academy on Monday, January 16; contact Stef Arck-Baynes, Managing Director, at 917-710-1901 for more information.
About Caring for Friends
Founded in 1974 on the belief that no one should be hungry or alone in a world of caring people, Caring for Friends is a volunteer organization and independent food bank serving greater Philadelphia. CFF provides food and friendship to homebound seniors, veterans, and those with disabilities; provides food to people facing homelessness; and donates food to more than 250 community partners in unserved and underserved neighborhoods. In 2021, CFF rescued, sourced, and distributed more than 12 million pounds of food. Donate or volunteer to cook meals, pack snacks, make deliveries or visit with clients at caringforfriends.org.