Posted on February 20, 2021
Job Title: Grant Writer
Reports to: Director of Development
Hours: Full-time (evenings and weekends as required)
Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Grant Writer is responsible for identifying, researching and managing a portfolio of potential funds from foundation, corporate, and government support. The Grant writer is responsible for drafting letters of intent (LOIs), writing full proposals and completing reports to secure funds as well as follow up on funds received. The Grant Writer works collaboratively with all departments to develop and research potential funding.
- Coordinate the grants program, maintaining all grant information within Network for Good database
- Lead the process to gather information to define goals, objectives, and activities of grant proposals, LOI’s and reports to define accurate representation of program plans to funders.
- Strong focus on increasing the organizations revenue through grant opportunities.
- Work closely with all department leaders to ensure accuracy for each submission.
- Communicate with partners on competitive or collaborative grant opportunities (Philabundance, etc.)
- Collect stories, statistical data and updates for proposals and reports from program leaders where needed.
- Develop and maintain internal monthly reports regarding current and future prospects.
- Take initiative at all stages of the identification, cultivation and solicitation of funding prospects.
- Develop and manage work plans, deadlines, schedules, reports, and budgets subject to approval.
- Monitor trends and stay up-to-date on best practices related to foundation giving.
- Maintain a flexible schedule in relation to deadlines.
- Assist with organizational events as needed.
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelors Degree and 5+ years’ experience in grant research, writing and budget development.
- Advanced knowledge of business English, grammar, punctuation and spelling as well as strong verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, research, and draft funding proposals.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate success in a complex fundraising environment with emphasis on foundation grants.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office and fundraising search engines and databases.
- Maintain reliable transportation.
Other duties to be assigned based on the organization’s needs and candidate’s abilities.