Posted on February 20, 2021
Job Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full-time (evenings and weekends as required)
Summary: The Director of Development works with the Executive Director, COO and development team planning, implementing and directing all aspects of fundraising activities on behalf of Caring for Friends. This includes, but is not limited to, Corporate/Foundation Gifts, Planned Giving, Special Events, Grant Assistance, and Direct Mail. Strong focus will be placed on creation and implementation of a sustained development plan, individual gifts, and maximizing and expanding appeals and strategies in the five counties of Greater Philadelphia.
Experience: Minimum five years successful fundraising experience, including planning and campaigns involving multiple fundraising platforms and strategies; managing a development staff, and direct solicitation of potential donors from cold call to “dollars in the door”.
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with and involving top-level board members and other strategic partners in development efforts. Proven ability to initiate action and motivate others
- Personnel management techniques and experience.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Excellent writing skills including business correspondence.
- Excellent communication skills to strongly present the case for Caring for Friends food bank, prepared meals and caring kitchen programs.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, database and online platforms
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Executive Director, vendors and external advisors
- Work with senior team to development and implement long and short-term development
strategies and establish annual goals to meet the needs of the Caring for Friends programs
- Establishes, forecasts, and evaluates fundraising potential, researches, and identifies sources of funds in collaboration with senior leadership and staff
- Works closely with vendors on all external communications related to fundraising and donors
- Evaluates effectiveness of Caring for Friends development programs for impact, effectiveness and quality
- Meeting regularly with Executive Director and Chair/CEO to discuss goals, upcoming opportunities and prospects
Director Level: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. A minimum five years fundraising experience with similar, community-focused and volunteer-driven nonprofit. Must have proven track records development and executing fundraising activities with great verbal skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Flexibility to travel and attend evening and weekend meetings/events
- Proven ability to multi-task and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Other duties to be assigned based on the organization’s needs and candidate’s abilities.
12271 Townsend Rd, Philadelphia PA 19154 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 215-464-2224 |www.caringforfriends.org