Posted on May 24, 2022
Position Summary: The Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking food in a high-volume environment according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures.
Hours/Location: 9-5 Monday-Friday + one Saturday/month on site at our Northeast Philadelphia warehouse. Some evening hours.
What’s unique: The Cook will often be responsible for coordinating food preparation activities of volunteers from high school age to adult. Because most of our food is donated, the Cook needs to have a flexible and creative mindset to make maximum tasty use of the items that are available.
• Safely prepares and cooks a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes using common kitchen equipment.
• Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment.
• Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures.
• Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils.
• Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guests, volunteers, school groups, co-workers, etc.
• When supervising volunteer groups, ensures that all materials and equipment are prepared ahead of time to ensure minimal downtime and a positive experience for the volunteers.
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by production kitchen manager.
• Experience as a cook or in a related role required.
• Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage.
• Must be able to obtain food Servsafe certification.
• Demonstrates basic math and counting skills.
• Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 50 pounds.
Culinary Degree/Associates Degree, or record of work experience.
Please email your resume for fastest consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competitive, based on experience. Health and dental insurance, retirement plan available. Equal opportunity employer; veterans encouraged to apply.